Monday, September 14, 2009

i locked myself in the bathroom stall and couldn't get out. the first day at a new school i get stuck in the bathroom stall. it was horrible. i panicked for a good 3 minutes before i could get out.

the pencils don't have erasers. i have a locker, with a lock attached so that my stuff isn't stolen. my teachers come to my class instead of me walking to their room. i am the only blonde in my class of 35 people. there weren't enough chairs and desks for all the students so they had to get more. the toilets didn't have toilet paper. there are no water fountains, when you are thirsty you stick your head under the bathroom sink. there are no doors to the outside. although the classrooms have doors, the wall is open, but with blue bars, above the door and on the wall facing the hallway, so shutting the door does nothing to eliminate the noise from the hallway. there are no options for lunch; i have no idea what i ate for lunch today. absolutely no idea. there was a rice dish, a brown thing that looked like an elephant ear but i think was meat, but maybe it was something else, and then a sweet yogurt thing. i think. everything is so different here. the people are nice. (it literally took 5 different people to help me figure out how to open my locker.) i can mostly understand what my professors are saying.

i take the bus to school, and today alicia (one of my program directors) took me to the stop, so i am hoping tomorrow when i go i will be able to find the bus stop by myself and get on the right one. the corner where my "stop" is collects a lot of kids going to lots of different schools, so i need to get on the right bus. oh, and my bus is insane! it is like a greyhound, you have to go up 4 stairs i think to get to the seats, and then you have nice seats with windows, but if the sun is bothering your eyes then you just close your curtain. its amazing.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you are riding to school in luxury! Did you find the right bus to your school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOPH!!! OMGOSH, laughing even louder about the bathroom stall lock in!!!
    Hang in there, you're gonna figure it all out!
    xo
    Syd

    ReplyDelete